Usually gardening is a meditation - whether it's vegetables or flowers, whatever. But this year it's doing, not being. It's busy work for an empty mind. And I think the plants somehow sense it. They are growing but a little and not really thriving. Perhaps it's the time of year; it has been pretty cool so far this year. I say to myself when June comes it will be that jungle we're used to and then we'll be over our heads. But even if that comes to be, will it then be a meditation again? What happened to my meditation? It is the biggest most garden space I've had in a long time, so what's the deal? I hope I find out ... soon
Friday, April 10, 2009
The Garden
Usually gardening is a meditation - whether it's vegetables or flowers, whatever. But this year it's doing, not being. It's busy work for an empty mind. And I think the plants somehow sense it. They are growing but a little and not really thriving. Perhaps it's the time of year; it has been pretty cool so far this year. I say to myself when June comes it will be that jungle we're used to and then we'll be over our heads. But even if that comes to be, will it then be a meditation again? What happened to my meditation? It is the biggest most garden space I've had in a long time, so what's the deal? I hope I find out ... soon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- ms
- houston, tx, United States
Blog Archive
- March (4)
- February (2)
- September (5)
- April (1)
- July (2)
- June (3)
- May (2)
- April (13)
- February (6)
- December (2)
- September (6)
- August (3)
- June (1)
- May (12)
- April (7)
- March (1)
- February (2)
- January (2)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- October (5)
- September (4)
- August (13)
- July (8)
- June (5)
- May (18)
- April (6)
- March (6)
- February (10)
- January (8)
- December (5)
- November (15)
My Blog List
-
-
-
Head Over to My New Website14 years ago
-
H.D.'s "Helen"23 years ago
-
My Blog List
-
holiday16 years ago

2 comments:
"an early crop in november" ... o this is the south, isn't it ...
i guess kind of -- not quite south and not quite west, just texas.
Post a Comment