Thursday, February 5, 2009

What's important ... walking the line

 
Posted by Picasa

K as a jew could not stay on the palace grounds in Prague but his sister loved this little house [the blue one] and they rented it on Golden Lane. Every day they would go together and he had a small upstairs room where he wrote; small dormer windows looking over the alley and ceilings low, shaped to the roof, requring me to stoop. The light in the evening of a January day is clear. K was an insurance lawyer who hated his job. Perhaps I should move to Prague and rent a room. Would that make me at least a writer of even the most base kind?
But I could never do this ...
 
Posted by Picasa

... so I guess i'll go to work again today.

No comments:

About Me

houston, tx, United States

Blog Archive

My Blog List